- 1 What units are at 29 Palms?
- 2 How far is Yucca Valley from 29 Palms?
- 3 How far is Yucca Valley from Palm Springs?
- 4 How far is Yucca Valley from Joshua Tree?
- 5 How hot does it get in Yucca Valley?
- 6 Is Yucca valley a safe place to live?
- 7 What is Yucca Valley known for?
- 8 Where does Yucca Valley get its water?
- 9 Where does most of the water come from in the High Desert?
- 10 Where can I get water in Joshua Tree?
Table of Contents
What units are at 29 Palms?
Unit Information Page™
- MCAGCC Twentynine Palms.
- 7th Marine Regiment.
- 1st Battalion 7th Marines (1/7)
- 2nd Battalion 7th Marines (2/7)
- 3rd Battalion 7th Marines (3/7)
- 3rd Battalion 11th Marines (3/11)
- 3rd Battalion 4th Marines (3/4)
- 3rd Combat Engineer Battalion (3rd CEB)
How far is Yucca Valley from 29 Palms?
How far is Yucca Valley from Palm Springs?
How far is Yucca Valley from Joshua Tree?
How hot does it get in Yucca Valley?
In Yucca Valley, the summers are hot, arid, and mostly clear and the winters are cold, dry, and partly cloudy. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 34°F to 95°F and is rarely below 26°F or above 101°F.
Is Yucca valley a safe place to live?
The chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime in Yucca Valley is 1 in 48. Based on FBI crime data, Yucca Valley is not one of the safest communities in America. Relative to California, Yucca Valley has a crime rate that is higher than 54% of the state’s cities and towns of all sizes.
What is Yucca Valley known for?
California’s Yucca Valley is known for its stunning scenery, characterized by a fascinating desert landscape. And the best place to learn everything you need to know about the valley’s geology is at Hi-Desert Nature Museum.
Where does Yucca Valley get its water?
Warren Valley basin
Where does most of the water come from in the High Desert?
A: The local water source for the High Desert is runoff from the local mountain water sheds. The High Desert has been dependant on groundwater retrieved by wells and by pumping water from groundwater basins and aquifers.
Where can I get water in Joshua Tree?
Water is available in surrounding towns, at the visitor center in Twentynine Palms, at Black Rock and Cottonwood campgrounds, at the entrance station south of Joshua Tree, and at the Indian Cove ranger station.