- 1 What Colour curtains should I choose?
- 2 What curtains go with GREY walls?
- 3 How do I choose a curtain rod?
- 4 How much wider Should a curtain rod be than the window?
- 5 Which curtain rod is best?
- 6 How far apart are curtain rings?
- 7 How many inches do curtain rings add?
- 8 How do you hide curtain ring clips?
- 9 Should I use curtain rings?
Table of Contents
What Colour curtains should I choose?
The colour of your curtains should ideally be in sync with the rest of the furnishings. You could either choose drapes that harmonise with the decor or contrast with it. For a pleasing look, choose drapes in a colour that complement the shade of your walls.
What curtains go with GREY walls?
One of the prettiest color curtains for gray walls is navy blue. The deep rich color really comes out when it’s paired with gray, but without making the room feel dark. Navy blue curtains will look especially good in a room with camel brown furniture, white or cream accents, and some other warm-tone accents.
How do I choose a curtain rod?
- Choose a curtain rod with a diameter of at least 1 inch (2.5 cm). Thin curtain rods tend to look cheap and can bow under the weight of your drapes if they are heavy.
- Measure 3–6 inches (7.6–15.2 cm) beyond the window frame for rod length.
- Select a rod with support brackets at least every 50 inches (130 cm).
How much wider Should a curtain rod be than the window?
How Wide Should Curtains Be? To ensure that panels look ample and drapey when closed, they should have a combined width that is 2 to 2½ times the width of the window. Exceptions: If you’re hanging curtains just to frame a window and don’t intend to shut them, you can round down to 1½ times the width.
Which curtain rod is best?
The following rods work with most types of window treatments, from sheer panels to decorative valances.
- BEST OVERALL: Ivilon Drapery Treatment Window Curtain Rod.
- BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK: KAMANINA 1 Inch Curtain Rod Single Drapery Rod.
- UPGRADE PICK: Ivilon Drapery Window Curtain Rod.
How far apart are curtain rings?
I like to space ring clips approximately four inches apart so that there is a handsome fold between each clip in the drapery panel. Start by clipping each end of the panel. Next, clip the middle. Finally, space the clips evenly apart as close to 4 inches as possible.
How many inches do curtain rings add?
How do you hide curtain ring clips?
HERE’S THE QUICK TIP ON HOW TO HIDE CURTAIN RING CLIPS: just pinch the back of the curtains and clip the rings an inch or so down from the top. You can do this before you hang the curtain and then slide the rings onto the rod, or hang the rings on the rod and then clip the curtains up.
Should I use curtain rings?
In room where you’ll be opening and closing your drapery on a daily basis, we strongly suggest using hanging clips or ring clips. Because you’ll want to control the amount of light, you’ll want to be able to effortlessly slide the curtains along the rod.