- 1 What are three common causes of operating systems problems?
- 2 Which two types of data should be backed up before troubleshooting a computer for a customer?
- 3 What two motherboard components control the system boot operation?
- 4 What is the first software that must be installed on a computer after hardware installation?
- 5 What are the steps in installing an operating system?
- 6 What is silent installer?
- 7 Whats a clean install?
- 8 How do you perform a silent install?
- 9 How do I install from command prompt?
- 10 Can’t open any file on my computer?
- 11 Why won’t my PC open any applications?
- 12 Why My Word file is not opening?
Table of Contents
What are three common causes of operating systems problems?
a corrupted registry
- a corrupted registry.
- incorrect IP addressing information.
- loose cable connections.
- failed service pack installation.
- CMOS battery problem.
- virus infection.
Which two types of data should be backed up before troubleshooting a computer for a customer?
Only customer created data is necessary for backup as a precaution to the troubleshooting process.
What two motherboard components control the system boot operation?
What two motherboard components control the system boot operations? (Choose two.) Explanation: System boot services are provided by the motherboard BIOS and UEFI chips.
What is the first software that must be installed on a computer after hardware installation?
Well, the computer is a high-tech doorstop without an operating system (the “master control program”), so after the hardware is installed (and that might include a separate video, audio, USB, drive, or other controller), then the operating system and then application programs.
What are the steps in installing an operating system?
The following is an overview of the procedures that are needed to install a new operating system (OS).
- Set up the display environment.
- Erase the primary boot disk.
- Set up the BIOS.
- Install the operating system.
- Configure your server for RAID.
What is silent installer?
A silent install is the installation of a software program that requires no user interaction. It is a convenient way to streamline the installation process of a desktop application. In a silent install, these items are selected automatically and the installer runs from start to finish without requiring any user input.
Whats a clean install?
A completely new installation of an operating system or application on a computer. In a clean install of an OS, the hard disk is formatted and completely erased. Installing an OS on a new computer or installing an application for the first time is automatically a clean install.
How do you perform a silent install?
To run silent installations:
- Open a command prompt.
- Navigate to the directory of the Smart View installer.
- Run the installation commands; for example: To install in the default directory, run: SmartView.exe /s. To install in another directory, run: SmartView.exe /s /v” INSTALLDIR=”
How do I install from command prompt?
Open a command window by selecting Run on the Start menu and typing CMD. When the command window appears, use the cd : command to navigate to the location of the executable. Enter the name of the executable file followed by -a and the arguments you wish to use.
Can’t open any file on my computer?
- Restart your laptop. This is simple solution, but rebooting helps clear up any settings that may be causing this issue to appear.
- Boot into Safe Mode and Restore your PC.
- Repair your laptop using PowerShell.
- Reset Windows 10.
- Complete OS reinstall.
Why won’t my PC open any applications?
Close Services window and restart your computer to see if this helped to fix the problem. Sometimes Windows apps won’t open if Windows Update service is not running. If not, then double-click on “Windows Update” service and in Windows Update Properties window find “Startup type”, set it to “Automatic” or “Manual”.
Why My Word file is not opening?
Most of the time, Word documents load with little problem. But to recover information from a Word document that doesn’t open, follow these steps. Whether networked or stand-alone, documents may also fail to open because the data file itself is corrupted or because the file is being loaded from a damaged floppy disk.