- 1 Is Oxford Mississippi a good place to live?
- 2 How cold does it get in Oxford Mississippi?
- 3 How safe is Oxford Mississippi?
- 4 What is Oxford MS known for?
- 5 How many inches of snow did Oxford MS get?
- 6 Does Oxfordshire have snow?
- 7 What is the wealthiest city in Mississippi?
- 8 How far is Laurel from Oxford MS?
- 9 How far is Laurel Mississippi from the ocean?
- 10 What is the most dangerous city in Mississippi?
- 11 What is the poorest city in MS?
- 12 How many billionaires are in Mississippi?
- 13 Who is the richest family in Mississippi?
- 14 Who is the richest woman in Mississippi?
- 15 What is the safest town in Mississippi?
- 16 Who is the largest employer in Mississippi?
Table of Contents
Is Oxford Mississippi a good place to live?
Oxford is in Lafayette County and is one of the best places to live in Mississippi. Living in Oxford offers residents a dense suburban feel and most residents rent their homes. Many young professionals live in Oxford and residents tend to have moderate political views. The public schools in Oxford are highly rated.
How cold does it get in Oxford Mississippi?
In Oxford, the summers are long, hot, and muggy; the winters are short, very cold, and wet; and it is partly cloudy year round. Over the course of the year, the temperature typically varies from 32°F to 89°F and is rarely below 18°F or above 96°F.
How safe is Oxford Mississippi?
Oxford is a safe, friendly community Crime statistics for the area are very comforting. With one of the lowest crime rates in the state, Oxford is a safe place to raise a family. With 26 sheriff’s deputies and more than 34 police officers, Oxford and Lafayette County are well served.
What is Oxford MS known for?
Nestled in the Hills of North Mississippi, the city of Oxford is the home of the University of Mississippi, also known as Ole Miss. Over the years Oxford has also been known for offering exceptional culinary experiences including James Beard award-winning chef and owner of five restaurants, John Currence.
How many inches of snow did Oxford MS get?
|Oxford, Mississippi||United States|
|Snowfall||1.7 in.||27.8 in.|
|Precipitation||100.8 days||106.2 days|
|Sunny||217 days||205 days|
|Avg. July High||91.8°||85.8°|
Does Oxfordshire have snow?
One of the coldest winters in living memory in Oxfordshire was the great freeze of 1962-63, when the winter was so cold the sea froze along the South Coast. …
What is the wealthiest city in Mississippi?
How far is Laurel from Oxford MS?
How far is Laurel Mississippi from the ocean?
FRONT BEACH is situated 90.37 mi to the SE of Laurel Mississippi.
What is the most dangerous city in Mississippi?
What is the poorest city in MS?
Mississippi is the poorest state in the United States of America, with a per capita income of $20,670 (2012)….Mississippi Counties Ranked by Per Capita Income.
|Per capita income||$32,223|
|Median household income||$59,730|
How many billionaires are in Mississippi?
|Rank by Number of Billionaires (9/15/20)||State or Federal District||Billionaires/ State’s 10M pop. (7/19 Census) (9/15/20)|
Who is the richest family in Mississippi?
Duff earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Southern Mississippi. Together with his brother James Duff, he is the founder and co-owner Duff Capital Investors, a holding company with annual turnover in excess of $2.6 billion….Thomas Duff (businessman)
|Relatives||James Duff (brother)|
Who is the richest woman in Mississippi?
MacKenzie Scott, the world’s richest woman, gifts $25 million to Alcorn State
- JACKSON, Miss.
- MacKenzie Scott, an American novelist, philanthropist and the ex-wife of Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, made a $25 million donation to the university, the school announced in a press release Tuesday.
What is the safest town in Mississippi?
Who is the largest employer in Mississippi?
State Profile: Largest Employers
|#||Employer||Number of Employees|
|1||University of Ms Medical Ctr||10,000|
|2||Nissan North America Inc||6,300|
|3||Beau Rivage Resort & Casino||4,000|
|4||Mississippi State Univ Ofc||4,000|